We played our first league match in BLSZ III this Sunday. The draw wasn’t too generous as we had to start the season against Csillaghegyi MTE who just got relegated from BLSZ II last season but we went into this game with a lot of will to prove ourselves.

The first ten minutes didn’t bring a lot of excitement, but we have changed the pace of the game afterwards. After multiple good chances and nice combinations, our opponent had a great shot from a deflected freekick, but Dániel Pulai blocked it with a brilliant effort. Little did we know, this was their last proper attempt. We took the lead in the 20th minute with Tamás Horváth’s throughball to Ferenc Szvetnik and the last year’s top goalscorer opened his account for this year with a composed finish. After 12 more minutes Dániel Hosszú found Richárd Turcsán with a great pass and the latter made it 2-0. In the last minutes we won a penalty, after the defender of Csillaghegy blocked a shot with his hand and got a red card for it. Turcsán took the penalty but the goalkeeper caught his panenka style effort.

The second half immidiately started with a huge chance, but the scoreline remained 2-0 thanks to the goalkeeper’s great save. This was not the last clear cut chance we have wasted in the game, but we managed to score more eventually. Horváth passed the ball to full-back, Ádám Bartha and he centered the ball perfectly for Turcsán, who put it in the back of the net from a close range. Our last goal was scored by Szvetnik who used his tremendous pace to go behind the defensive line, ran past the goalkeeper and passed the ball into the goal.

It was a great feeling to start our BLSZ III journey with a win and most importantly with good football as well. We were not efficient in front of the goal, but the season is long and we will work on that, plus our defensive work was excellent throughout the match.

We thank Csillaghegyi MTE for the match and wish them good luck in the championhsip.

Goals: Szvetnik 2x, Turcsán 2x
Assists: Horváth T., Hosszú, Bartha, Turcsán